Drugging Our Nation and Our Children
(part 3 of Mental Health series. Videos 7-9 of documentary The Marketing of Madness below)
How are studies conducted? How are these drugs tested and are they safe? The truth may shock you, as demonstrated in the videos below. Most of the doctors promoting these “medications” have financial ties to the drug companies. They even sit on government approval boards!
Psychotropic drugs is a story of big money. These drugs fuel a $330-billion psychiatric industry, without a single cure — and now kill an estimated 36,000 people every year, with the death toll still rising.
Dr. Joseph Biederman, of Harvard Medical School, is a world-renowned child psychiatrist whose work has helped fuel an explosion in the use of powerful antipsychotic medicines in children. He earned at least $1.6 million in consulting fees from drug makers from 2000 to 2007. However, he did not report much of this income to university officials.
Dr. Biederman reported no income from Johnson & Johnson for 2001 in a disclosure report filed with the university. When asked to check again, he said he received $3,500. But Johnson & Johnson said that it paid him $58,169 in 2001. And this is just one example.
On top of this drug company studies can be easily skewed. Let’s say a drug company is doing a test on a drug. This study is short, only a month or so long, has 1000 participants and shows no benefit from the drug being tested. So the compay does two more studies, both with healthy young adults and both with fewer participants who meet their criteria; in other words they will handle the drug and side effects well. These next two studies show completely different results from the first. The drug company can then say in 2 out of 3 studies this drug did blah blah blah.
Another way to skew results is to just not count the number of people who drop out of the study due to side effects. They even lie, yes lie, on studies to make sure their drug can get approval. It is only required to have 2 positive studies to get a drug approved. You can do as many tests as it takes to get 2 statistically positive results.
These are scary statistics. They target our children as new life-long users of psychotropic drugs. Paxil made $55 million in the first year these drugs became available to children. The study making this possible did not count the children who dropped out because they had horrible side effects, calling them non compliant.
This should scare us as parents and Americans. These next videos demonstrate the truth of the safety of psychotropic drugs.
Correcting Behavioral Problems Without Drugs
Behavioral problems in children, including what might appear to be a more serious mental disorder, are very frequently related to improper diet, emotional upset and exposure to toxins. To address these underlying toxins in your own child, without resorting to drugs:
- Give your child plenty of high-quality, animal-based omega-3 fats.
- Balance your child’s intake of omega-3 and omega-6 fats (from vegetables oils), by limiting their intake of vegetable oils.
- Avoid giving your child ANY processed foods, especially those containing artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
- Replace soft drinks, fruit juices, and pasteurized milk in your child’s diet with pure water. This is HUGE since high fructose corn syrup is the NUMBER ONE source of calories in children. Remember this includes fruit juices!
- Reduce or eliminate grains and sugars from your child’s diet, even healthy organic whole grains can cause problems. Try eliminating them first for 1-2 weeks and see if you don’t notice a radical and amazing improvement in your child’s behavior.
- Make sure your child gets plenty of exercise and outdoor playtime in the sunshine so they get their daily dose of vitamin D.
- Give your child a way to deal with his or her emotions.
For More Information Click These Links
Filed under: Mental Health
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!