MAXIMIZE YOUR ANTIOXIDANT PROTECTION!
NEW FLAVOMAX™ AND IMPROVED CAROTOMAX®
SHAKLEE HARNESSES NATURE’S BIGGEST SECRET.
For many years, scientists have studied the health benefits of fruits and vegetables and their importance to overall health and wellness. Recent discoveries in phytonutrient science have revealed new secrets to achieving maximum antioxidant protection.
Antioxidants are any substance that reduces oxidative damage (damage due to oxygen) which is caused by free radicals. Free radicals are highly reactive chemicals that attack molecules by capturing electrons and thus modifying chemical structures. (see more about this at Antioxidants And Free Radicals)
Phytonutrients are specialized compounds found in fruits, vegetables, and plants. New classes of phytonutrients called flavonoids and carotenoids are found to provide the body with extremely potent antioxidant protection. Now, Shaklee brings them to you.
We need antioxidant protection more today than ever before. Pollution, over-exposure to sunlight, stress, and even normal metabolism can produce free radicals, which damage the cells and DNA in our bodies. Antioxidants help protect cells from free radical damage.
Shaklee scientists have searched the world to uncover and deliver the most potent flavonoids and carotenoids available:
- To Hawaii for microalgae that produces astaxanthin
- Across the United States for passionflowers that yield flavones, and citrus fruits that provide flavanones
- To Nova Scotia for wild blueberries that produce anthocyanidins
- To France for grapeseed that yields proanthocyanidins
- To Israel for non-GMO tomatoes for lycopene
- To Malaysia for oil of palm for alpha and beta carotene
- To Thailand for marigolds that produce lutein
- To China for green tea that yields flavan-3-ols
- To Brazil for fava d’anta that produces quercetin
- To Austria for elderberries that produce anthocyanidins
- To Australian salt marshes for sea algae that yields beta carotene
Shaklee has now captured these remarkable ingredients in two revolutionary products and made them available to everyone!
NEW FLAVOMAX™ AND IMPROVED CAROTOMAX®
Maximize Your Antioxidant Defenses.*
Unless you happen to live on a farm, getting the five to nine recommended servings of fruits and vegetables is not only difficult, but also not very likely. Most people simply don’t eat a sufficient quantity or variety of deep-green, yellow, blue, and red fruits and vegetables everyday. As a result, few get the broad-base phytonutrient defense to help fend off free radicals.
Shaklee found a way to maximize your antioxidant protection. We developed a dynamic antioxidant duo: water-soluble FlavoMax™ and fat-soluble CarotoMax®.Working together, these nature-based supplements provide a broad spectrum of high-power antioxidants that help protect cells from free radical damage.*
FlavoMax™ is a comprehensive, high-powered antioxidant supplement* that guarantees delivery of six key classes of flavonoids:
proanthocyanidins, anthocyanidins, flavan-3-ols, flavones, flavonols, and flavanones. Shaklee uses standardized extracts of each
of these flavonoids to ensure potency and quality.
Flavonoids are potent, water-soluble antioxidants that have been linked to healthy blood circulation, strong capillaries, and veins.
Flavonoids also deliver antioxidant protection to blood and blood-rich tissues, such as the liver and the intestines.
Unfortunately, few diets provide these important phytonutrients in significant quantities, since flavonoids are often found in
seeds, rinds, and skins, parts of fruits and vegetables that are likely to be tossed away during food preparation. Many people
dislike eating the skins of fruits and vegetables.
- Delivers powerful free radical fighters to the blood and blood-rich tissues, such as the liver and intestines*
- Provides protection against cellular damage and promotes overall cell health*
- Supports cardiovascular and circulatory health*
- Promotes overall wellness*
- Formulated with standardized extracts that are nature-based
- Provides flavonoids often found in plant parts not typically consumed: seeds, peels, flowers, and bark.
CarotoMax® blends six potent antioxidant carotenoids*: alpha carotene, astaxanthin, beta carotene, lycopene, lutein, and zeaxanthin.
The carotenoids in CarotoMax® are powerful, fat-soluble antioxidants that have been implicated in the long-term health of the
eyes, prostate, cervix, lungs, and heart.* Research also suggests that carotenoids, working together, support a strong immune system.*
- Promotes the long-term health of the eyes, prostate, cervix, lungs, and heart*
- Provides potent antioxidant protection for lipid-rich areas of cells*
- Supports a strong immune system*
- Contributes to overall wellness*
WHO BENEFITS FROM FLAVOMAX™ AND CAROTOMAX®?
Busy adults who fall short of the recommended daily servings of fruits and vegetables, thus failing to obtain significant levels
of a broad spectrum of important flavonoid and carotenoid antioxidants to combat free radical damage
Children (over 12 years of age), teens, and young adults, who often find it especially difficult to eat a balanced diet
Health-conscious persons interested in natural approaches to maintaining long-term wellness
HOW SHOULD THE PRODUCTS BE USED?
- Take one to two capsules of FlavoMax™ twice daily
- Take one softgel of CarotoMax® daily
SCIENTIFIC SUPPORT FOR THE INGREDIENTS IN FLAVOMAX™
- Found in the white layer of citrus peels
- Flavanones, hesperidin, and naringin have much greater flavonoid content than citrus juice.
- Provide free radical scavengers that bolster the body’s defense systems*
- Important anthocyanidin flavonoids
- Supports healthy cardiovascular function*
- Proanthocyanidin flavonoids in grapeseed increase the antioxidant capacity of the blood.*
- Promotes cardiovascular health by protecting the health of arteries*
- Shown to have many times the antioxidant activity of vitamins C & E in laboratory studies*
Green tea extract
- Green tea flavonoids help scavenge free radicals in the bloodstream.*
- Shown to help maintain healthy hearts*
- Used for centuries to support the immune system*
- Each tablet of FlavoMax is equivalent to one cup of freshly brewed green tea.
- Found in apples, onions, grapes, and tea
- Maintains healthy lungs*
- Protects against oxidation of LDL (so-called “bad”) cholesterol*
SCIENTIFIC SUPPORT FOR THE INGREDIENTS IN CAROTOMAX®
Alpha and beta carotene
- Found in broccoli, carrots, cantaloupe, and sweet potatoes
- Promotes proper night vision and eye health*
- Linked to a healthy immune system*
- Works best when combined with other major carotenoids
- The pigment in algae and phytoplankton that gives salmon its pink color
- Protects against oxidative damage of LDL cholesterol*
- Shown to have greater antioxidant properties than beta-carotene in laboratory tests*
- The focus of a large and increasing number of research studies
Lutein and Zeaxanthin
- Yellow carotenoids found in yellow and green leafy vegetables
- The only carotenoids that concentrate in the eye, protecting its vulnerable photoreceptors
- Strongly connected to macular health*
- Lutein helps support a healthy cardiovascular system.*
- Zeaxanthin helps maintain a healthy immune system.*
- The red pigment in tomatoes, strawberries, and watermelons
- An anti-aging carotenoid with the most potent antioxidant activity*
- Clinically shown to support the prostate, cervix, immune system, and the cardiovascular system*
- The most prevalent carotenoid in the bloodstream
WHY CHOOSE FLAVOMAX™ AND CAROTOMAX®?
- Taken together, CarotoMax and FlavoMax provide a broad spectrum of antioxidant protection.*
- CarotoMax delivers six key carotenoids: alpha and beta carotene, astaxanthin, lutein, lycopene, and zeaxanthin.
- FlavoMax uses standardized extracts to guarantee delivery of six important flavonoids: anthocyanidins, flavan-3-ols, flavones,flavonols, flavanones, and proanthocyanidins.
- FlavoMax and CarotoMax provide some of the most potent antioxidants found in fruits and vegetables.*
- All ingredients were thoroughly tested for over 300 chemical contaminants, including pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, lead, heavy metals, and harmful solvents.
- 100% Shaklee guaranteed.
FLAVOMAX™ AND CAROTOMAX® CONTENT EQUIVALENCIES
One serving of FlavoMax provides:
- The anthocyanidins and proanthocyanidins of 10 servings of cherries (213 cherries)
- The flavan-3-ols of 31 servings of blueberries (31 cups)
- The flavanones of 13 servings of limes (27 medium limes)
- The flavones of 26 servings of red cabbage (31 cups, shredded)
- The flavonols of 1,995 servings of carrots (2,355 medium carrots)
One serving of CarotoMax provides:
- The alpha carotene of 89 servings of raspberries (102 cups)
- The astaxanthin of one serving of salmon (4 oz)†
- The beta carotene of 102 servings of bananas (125 medium bananas)
- The lutein and zeaxanthin of 285 servings of pink grapefruit (162 medium grapefruits)
- The lycopene of 714 servings of apricots (2,830 apricots)
Essential Foundation (contains Shaklee Basics® and Energizing Soy Protein) — The fundamental building blocks of healthy
living, these two complementary products, when combined with FlavoMax™ and CarotoMax®, provide the ultimate in antioxidant
protection and overall good health!*
For More Information Click These Links
†Although astaxanthin is commonly derived from salmon, Shaklee harvests the carotenoid astaxanthin from marine microalgae, the purest and most potent source.
Label claims on flavonoid classes were compared on July 19, 2004 and are valid as of that date. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Label claims on the six key carotenoids were compared on July 19, 2004 and are valid as of that date. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
FLAVOMAX™ USES STANDARDIZED EXTRACTS TO GUARANTEE DELIVERY OF SIX KEY FLAVONOIDS.
* THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION.THESE PRODUCTS ARE NOT INTENDED TO D
IAGNOSE,TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.
If for any reason a Shaklee product is not satisfactory, return it to your Shaklee Independent Distributor or Shaklee Corporation for exchange or a full refund.
* THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION.THESE PRODUCTS ARE NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.
Bialy TL, Rothe MJ, Grant-Kels JM. Dietary factors in the prevention and treatment of nonmelanoma skin cancer and melanoma. Dermatologic Surgery 2002; 28:1143–1152.
Catapano AL. Antioxidant effect of flavonoids. Angiology 1997; 48:39–44.
Eastwood MA. Interaction of dietary anti-oxidants in vivo: how fruit and vegetables prevent disease? QJM 1999; 92:527–530.
Gerster H. Anticarcinogenic effect of common carotenoids. International Journal for Vitamin and Nutrition Research 1993; 63:93–121.
Giugliano D. Dietary anti-oxidants for cardiovascular prevention. Nutr.Metab. Cardiovasc. Dis. 2000; 10:38–44.
Halliwell B. Role of free radicals in the neurodegenerative diseases: therapeutic implications for antioxidant treatment. Drugs and Aging 2001; 18:685–716.
Kris-Etherton PM, Hecker KD, Bonanome A, Coval SM, Binkoski AE, Hilpert KF, Griel AE, Etherton TD. Bioactive compounds in foods: their role in the prevention of cardiovascular
disease and cancer. American Journal of Medicine 2002; 113 Suppl 9B:71S–88S.
Mares-Perlman JA,Millen AE, Ficek TL, Hankinson SE. The body of evidence to support a protective role for lutein and zeaxanthin in delaying chronic disease: overview. Journal
of Nutrition 2002; 132:518S–524S.
Mojzisova G, Kuchta M. Dietary flavonoids and risk of coronary heart disease. Physiological Research 2001; 50:529–535.
Steinmetz KA, Potter JD. Vegetables, fruit, and cancer prevention: a review. Journal of the American Dietetic Association 1996; 96:1027–1039.
Tagged with: antioxidant comparison • antioxidants aging • antioxidants list • antioxidants supplements • astaxanthin antioxidant • benefits of antioxidants • best antioxidant supplement • best antioxidant supplements • best antioxidants • cranberries antioxidants • meaning of antioxidant • natural antioxidants • vitamins with antioxidants
Filed under: Antioxidants
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!